Brian Morrison Graduate Memorial Award in Palliative Medicine
Through a philanthropic gifts made by family and friends of the late Brian Morrison, the University of Toronto (U of T) has established the Brian Morrison Graduate Memorial Award in Palliative Medicine, with the purpose of supporting and advancing scholarship in palliative medicine. Under the direction and supervision of an advisory committee within the Faculty of Medicine, overseen by the Chair of the Department of Medicine and the Palliative Medicine Division Director, one annual award will be available to a resident or fellow in the Department of Medicine who has demonstrated special interest and scholarly achievements in the field of palliative medicine.
Timelines for applications
|July - A call will go out to all residents and fellows in the Department of Medicine|
|September 1 - Applications due (details below)|
|Mid- October - Notification of adjudication results released and funding released|
|May/June - final report submitted and presentation at the Palliative Medicine Research Day|
The application should include the following and be sent as PDFs via email to Joanna King, research administrator, by the Monday, September 9, 2019. Please indicate "Brian Morrison Graduate Memorial Award in Palliative Medicine " in the subject line.
- a one page description outlining a proposed (or ongoing) scholarly project related to research, education or quality improvement
- a CV
- a brief letter of support from your supervising faculty member(s)
- demonstrate academic excellence
- clearly identify their faculty supervisor
- describe a feasible project that has the potential to advance the field of palliative medicine
- The award is to support the recipient's project or a related degree they are pursuing.
- The awardee must present the outcome of the project at the Division of Palliative Medicine's annual Research Day.
In the event that the advisory committee does not agree on an applicant in a given year, the award will be withheld until the following year’s submissions.